Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who knew that work would get in the way?

I have gone back to work (very part time) but who knew that working 4 days a week would get in the way of everything else? I did know that I would need to prioritize all the other "stuff" but I didn't really expect to fall behind in all the other everyday things. Laundry for example.... or cooking..... but the biggest thing is MY CRAFTING. Seriously-I haven't done ANYTHING since Christmas. I hate it-I want to get my hands dirty.


Wait-I shouldn't say I haven't done anything-I have organized and moved tons of furniture around (again) and I guess I did make a new piece of art for my family room wall. Oh, and I did talk T into getting out the skill saw and cutting down our corner armoire so that was fun!


There is the corner armoire that T and I cut down-he couldn't believe that I would actually want to saw a piece of furniture! I do like that it dosn't feel so massive in this corner. Eventually I would like to paint it-I am such a "painted furniture" kind of gal. I also have big plans for the fireplace and mantle that involve tile and paint but don't tell T-he will be less than thrilled. He is of the mind set that you NEVER paint wood.
See the pair of lounge chairs? They are by Baker furniture-Baker builds WONDERFUL furniture-if you ever see it at a garage sale DO NOT PASS IT UP. Seriously-I found this pair of chairs for $30. UNBELIEVABLE! They do however have a blue flower print. Knowing the quality and the fantastic price I knew that I could either slipcover or reupholster them. I already have the fabric for all of them-now I just need the time and patience to do it.





Here is the way I rearranged the family room (this time) Sorry the photos are not the best- I think I like it like this (for now). Once things settle down a little I have a big sewing project to do. I need to make new slipcovers for my sofa and loveseat (I made these 13 years ago! I think they have done well, but now I am seeing the wear and tear that three kids and a dog do to furniture!)



Here is a close up of the "art" that I made for over the yellow chest. I used my Cricut and my Sure Cuts A Lot software (I LOVE IT!) I think this turned out great-just what I wanted.


I have not done anything new for etsy lately and that is bothering me. I need to make that a priority but for now kids and home are taking over. Time management and lots of lists are in my future!

Better get to work since it is my day "off".


No comments:

Post a Comment